Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

^ command to change button state?

I've been looking, but i can't seem to find this - what is the command to change a multi-state button's current state?

Comments

• ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    "'^ANI-<variable text address range>,<start state>,<end state>,<time>'"
    Run a button animation. Time is in 1/10 seconds and is optional.
    0 for state means current state.

Syntax:
    SEND_COMMAND <DEV>,"'^ANI-<vt addr range>,<start state>,<end state>,<time>'"

Variables:
    variable text address range = 1 - 4000.
    start state = Beginning of button state (0 = current state).
    end state = End of button state.
    time = In 1/10 second intervals.

Example:
    SEND_COMMAND Panel,"'^ANI-500,1,25,100'"
    Runs a button animation at text range 500 from state 1 to
    state 25 for 10 second.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Unless your going to actually do an animated button it's usually easier to create a multi_state bargraph instead. Set the range low to 1 and range high to the number of states and then just send a level to show the state you want.

I find this is the best way to do text displays with static text values such as surround modes, TV inputs, etc.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    vining wrote: »
    Unless your going to actually do an animated button it's usually easier to create a multi_state bargraph instead. Set the range low to 1 and range high to the number of states and then just send a level to show the state you want.

I find this is the best way to do text displays with static text values such as surround modes, TV inputs, etc.

Bargraphs go to zero when the panel goes offline though don't they?
    Paul
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Yeah I believe that's the case but any time one of my panels go offline by default they go to the main page when they come back online and all "on page" tracking flags reset to 0. If the user is using the panels when this happen, well he's already screwed but if he goes back to any page which has these types of multi-state bargraphs they all get refreshed when they go back "on page" so while they do go to 0 it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.