Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NXT-CV10 fails after the firmware update

I tried to update NXT-CV10 to the latest firmware, the procedure was interrupted by the network problem, now the panel only shows the AMX logo in the screen, and I can not see it in the online tree, is anyone have any idea how this problem is?
Thanks

Comments

• CliffCliff Posts: 3
    I've had the same problem, though my panel now just has a white screen and can not connect to it.

Anyone know how to rectify this?

Cheers,

Cliff
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The compact flash card was corrupted, and needs to be either re-imaged or replaced. If you have a good image, you can burn it to any CF of appropriate size (I pick them up at Staples in a pinch); otherwise you will need to send it to AMX.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    The compact flash card was corrupted, and needs to be either re-imaged or replaced. If you have a good image, you can burn it to any CF of appropriate size (I pick them up at Staples in a pinch); otherwise you will need to send it to AMX.

What software/hardware do you use for the burn? I always thought that generic CF writers running under Windows could not write in the correct format?
    I use WinHex, but any program that will do a direct image, as opposed to using the OS file system, should work. Imaging programs copy the disk bit-by-bit, and restore it the same way using the hardware directly, so they are OS independent. The formatting is included in the image. In the PC world, a utility like Norton's Ghost does the same thing, or True Image.
    Hi Dave,

I pulled a good CF from another panel and inserted in the faulty panel, but i still got the same effect ( blank white screen on boot up ). Cant telnet or browse to it. Doesnt appear online in netlinx studio.

I'm starting to wonder if there is firmware that is changed somewhere else in the touch panel, and maybe not on the CF?

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
    Yes, at least on the newer panels, there is a small portion of the bootstrap firmware that resides in something like the BIOS, and not the CF. I guess you had the bad luck of corrupting that portion ... I've had it happen to me once, but I could still connect to the panel and was able to load a new firmware on top of it and make it boot. If you can't connect, and a direct CF swap didn't work, it's going to have to go back to AMX.
    Ah, I thought that may be the case..

Thanks for your input Dave, looks like its off to AMX with this one.

Cheers,

Cliff