Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NXD-500i Backlight issue

I have 7 NXD-500i (2.4.14) touch panels in different locations (different setups). Sometime, after going asleep, the backlight + LCD does't come back when touching the screen, pressing the button or sending the "wake" command. The touch and back-end is working since I can perform actions and ear the feedback sound (Connection with master is still established). The problem persists after rebooting the screen from the telnet session. (which I tough was a cold reboot...) We have to physically reboot the devices by unplugging them and voilà, screen is back but what an ugly solution... How to remotely support this problem?

AMX, can you explain?

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    Keep in mind these forums are NOT an AMX Tech Support extension... you'll sometimes reach the eyes of an AMX employee but not always. This is 95% dealer to dealer.

That said, sounds to me like you have bad panels and ought to call AMX Tech Support to get some RMA's.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    For what it's worth, rebooting from Telnet, or from the setup screen, is not a cold boot. I have had glitches that would only resolve after a full power down.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    I have seen a backlight firmware fix for NXD-500, NXD430 and MVP5xxx panels...
    You can probably get it from AMX tech :)
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    Firmware!!

Good point, so much so it goes without saying - BUT ought to be said.

In any hardware problem, once you are sure it is hardware, reload firmware even if it's up to date (it could be incomplete or corrupted). Especially reload firmware if it is NOT up to date. If it persists, and it's clearly the hardware, Tech Support is next. They sometimes have an interim or "HOT FIX" that is not published yet that can help... even if it isn't final.

A note about old AXLINK devices that are acting up - like an AXB-TM5 or anything....
    Many of these have batteries inside, and time has taken its toll. The device may not operate when first connected, but might work fine after a reload of the firmware. And keep working thereafter while connected to the AXLINK (power). Shelf that item a week and you may find it dead again. Sometimes you can replace the batteries... some are soldered in and make it harder. But generally you can add something....
  • mjansonmjanson Posts: 3
    Firmware update

Finally, there's a bug fix available (2.4.23) but it is not an official release. Available on the AMX ftp server.