Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Err creating temp file for xfer

I made some modifcations to a 5200i TP file and then tried to transfer but every time I get "Error creating temporary files for transfer" message pop up. I tried closing & re-connect. Tried the original file that transferred last time, tried saving under a new filename, nothing works. I then tried a 8400i TP file to the 8400i which worked.

What's the problem?

Comments

• Options
    vining wrote: »
    I made some modifcations to a 5200i TP file and then tried to transfer but every time I get "Error creating temporary files for transfer" message pop up. I tried closing & re-connect. Tried the original file that transferred last time, tried saving under a new filename, nothing works. I then tried a 8400i TP file to the 8400i which worked.

What's the problem?

I've had this happen a few times. You need to find and delete the temp files that are there currently. On my Windows Vista machine, they appear to be located in: C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Temp
    where "username" is your specific user name.

IIRC, somewhere in this mess is the collection of files that get downloaded. Since I always go with the opinion that anything in a directory named TEMP is fair game for deletion. I do believe that this is where the information for "Smart Transfers" is also stored, so next time you transfer the file it does a full one.

Danny
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Thanks, I'm still running XP and haven't found the temp TP files but in C:\Documents and Settings\"user"\Local Settings\Temp I found the complete netlix source code for the system I'm working on. I guess it is as it seems all the files are pulled into one single source code prior to compliling "Filename.wc" and "Filename.PP" can be opened in a text editor and its the entire code, I think. Too lazy to go through the entire thing but there are 24k lines (lots of white space).

Anyway I did think about deleting the temp file after I posted originally but instead I just uploaded the file from the TP with a new file name and mades the changes to that file that I made in the file that wouldn't load and I was back in business.