Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Viewing Touch Panel Remotely on Mac OS

I am trying to view my NXD-430 touch panels on my local area network via my Mac. I have read that some have been successful by using a VNC and typing in the IP address to view the panel.

I tried using Chicken of the VNC, but I got an error message, Connection refused: connect()

Has anyone been successful in getting a Mac to view a touch panel? If so please let me know how you were able to do so.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    Be sure that the panel has G4 Web Control turned ON in its setup pages. The VNC is not enabled by default. You can also set password there... some VNC clients don't like a blank.

We use VNC to all types of panels including the 430 from PC's and from iPhone/iPad, our dealers have used Macs too, so it will work if your settings are proper.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've had mixed results with Chicken of the VNC, including that exact message ... which inexplicably, went away next time I tried it on the same system. I have found the Vine (http://www.testplant.com) client more reliable, but it's not free ... however, it's cheap enough that I have no problem licensing copies when I need them.

I suspect, however, that at least part of my own trouble is just unfamiliarity with the Apple OS in general. I just barely know my way around it ... just enough to launch an app or close it.
  • I switched VNC clients and that fixed the problem for me. Chicken of the VNC seems to be the best VNC on the Mac, but it never worked for me.

I switched to JollyFastVNC for my environment. This program is not free but is shareware.

Thanks for all the help.
  • truetrue Posts: 307
    I've used CotVNC successfully on many Macs connecting to MVP-5200s and MVP-8400is.