Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Looking for DVI Gear switcher protocol

Anyone ever worked with a DVI Gear DVI-MXP-FR32? Have one in an upcoming project and couldn't find anything on their website or on AMX's website. Just need the protocol and can probably figure out the rest unless there is something very unusual about it.

Thanks,

Patrick

Comments

• Hi Patrick,

i found a DVI-Gear codeblock on my harddisk wich was written 2 years ago. I have no idea where i got the protocol, maybe it was printed in the paper manual. I think its no problem to get it if you ask the distributor.
    There are not many functions in this code, just switching inputs to outputs, poll status and mute outputs. But maybe that is enough for you...
  • patbpatb Posts: 140
    Thanks - I finally got a response back from DVI tech support this morning (a week after I sent them an email). Evidently the manual is "in the box with the switcher" which of course helps me a great deal when I am sitting in my office in a different state writing the code. I looked at the manual and this code block does seem to be consistent with the protocol shown. Thanks again.