Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Cameras not responding

Hey Guys i'm new AMX programer and it's my second thread on AMX forum and sorry for my stupid question but really i need help to go with...I have a master controller as NI4000 and 4 NI700 as slave ,every slave is controlling 4 cameras ,now cameras are moving using positrack controller ,but i cant move them just to view and zoom for images . so my questions are :
1: where the problem can be ?
2: the actual program that control the cameras exist in NI700 or in the main processor NI4000 ?and normal what code the NI 4000 should handle ?
3: if the problem is in the software so i need programming from the begining,so if i have a touch panel to controll all area and cameras ,how can i handle this code ?

Thanks you all and i appreciate your help guys.

Comments

• mushmush Posts: 287
    G'day AMX Leb,

Are you asking for help to fix code you have written or for help writing the code required?
    If the former you will need to post some examples and a clearer explanation of what is wrong.
    If the later then you will need to hire someone.

Cheers

Mush
  • AMX LebAMX Leb Posts: 11
    Actually it's a old existing project and not working properly and i'm asked to do it , and because it's my first start i hoped that someone to give some usefull ideas to go with ,and we failed to retreive the software from processor,so i need to do a new software ,so before starting that i would like to know it's an code failure or hardware failure, and it's software failure how can i start with the code .NI4000 is mater and NI700 (4) slaves ,Ni 4000 is connected to camera's controllers (3) and a master touch panel ,the controllers and the touch panel control every camera in the site and those cameras are just connected to the slaves.
    We can view the output of the cameras and zoom in/out ,cameras are not moving that is the problem (cameras are fixed to positrack )
    so i just need a push with how can i start programming not the code but the general concept , and does Ni4000 must hold the main code for controlling cameras ? or just defining Ni700,touch panel and camera's controllers ?
    Thanks for your reply i know it's not clear but i need some backup ,really thank you guys.
  • truetrue Posts: 307
    Did they ever work?

Have you tried connecting the camera to a PC and talking to it directly?

Troubleshoot.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    NetLinx masters don't "slave", they run independently and talk to each other peer-to-peer. One question here is, are the 700's running code, or is the 4000 running all the code and just using their ports? It sounds like whatever code is moving the positrack is not functional, or not communicating ... so the first step is making sure all the masters are talking to each other. Easy enough to check, in NetLinx studio, select the Online Tree in the workspace pane and hit the Display button, then choose "refresh network." It should show all your masters with separate system numbers. If not, that could be your trouble right there. If they are all online, then you ave to figure out which masters are doing the actual work and take find where it's failing.
    Thanks guys very much i tried controlling the cameras directly from the pc and they worked fine ! i will check the system tree soon as possible and whatever to figuring out what it is happening ,thanks for the help again !
    But the question is does the code can be removed,changed or affected by whatever causes during time ? so if my problem is in the code what could be the reasons behind that ! Thank you
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    AMX Leb wrote: »
    But the question is does the code can be removed,changed or affected by whatever causes during time ? so if my problem is in the code what could be the reasons behind that ! Thank you
    if it's a code problem it could be just about anything. Maybe under certain circumstances, button pushes, time event, anything a var is set that from that point on causes the cameras to fail. It really could be anything and likely something stupid. Does a reboot reset and fix the problem? If so put the TPs/cameras through the paces and see what sequence of events it takes to break it. If you don't have access to the original code in order to fix the problem properly maybe you could use a bandaide approach and either remove the button causing the failure (if that can be determined) or if the reboot does fix the problem provide a reboot if broke button. Of course as posted earlier you have to determine which master is running the code.