Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Autopatch precis not in online tree

Hello,

I am fighting my way through this hoping some of my past knowledge will come back again.

I can connect to the precis with APControl, APGraphicEQ, etc and control functions on the matrix, however I can not get it to appear in my online tree in Netlinx when I connect it to the Ni-2100. I have tested the cable, etc but I cannot get it a device number no matter what I try.

I know it's probably a simple stupid question, but please. Humor me. I'm getting frustrated.

Thanks,

Ryan

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    The AP does not show in the online tree as a native NetLinx device (unless they changed something). You need to either use the AMX modules, or write your own to talk with it.

Jeff
  • Thanks,

I am trying to learning how to do that. It's been a couple years since programmer 1. I have a bit of background with C and Java but that was even longer ago.

If my boss would have let me begin the programming a while back, instead of operating equipment, roofing, landscaping, tying rebar, building fence, hanging garage doors, being the errand guy, etc.. I would know the position I am in right now long enough ago to fly out for a refresher programmer 1 course.. But it's going on right now and not again until mid Oct.

I think I am just going to tell him how I was right and just quit.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Well, if you do quit, don't deploy the emergency exit equipment and grab two beers on the way out! :)

If you decide to stick it out, just look at the documentation that comes with the AMX modules. There is enough information on how to get it functioning there. They also give you a sample UI file that you can use to test the implementation.

Jeff
  • naaa... no emergency equipment

But I might show his weekly bar tab on a white board and put it on youtube.. It's about my salary.