Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Connection of SIP server (CSG-544).

Hello all.

I've got a problemm with CSG-544. I have forgotten login/pass. So, i have reseted the device into defaults by pressing switch on the backside. Now it's not available in my net. It's no responce when i'm typing default address in my web browser (192.168.69.1) and nothing interesting in the list of available devices in Bonjour plugin.

Any ideas about this situation?
Would you help me with it? May be someone had such situation somewhen?

Comments

• Its been awhile since I've worked w/ the gateway, but you should be able to plug into one of the LAN ports and get an IP. The gateway should be the address you can login to - much like if you reset a home router to defaults and plugged in one of the lan ports.

I don't recall if the gateway wan port is set to DHCP on factory reset. That might be why you don't see it on your lan.
  • davecdavec Posts: 21
    Hi

If you plug it into any of the IP PHONES port and set your laptop to the same range as the default you should be able to browse to it on the 192.168.69.1 address. I had the same problem and this worked for me.

Dave
  • ProdigalProdigal Posts: 90
    davec wrote: »
    Hi

If you plug it into any of the IP PHONES port and set your laptop to the same range as the default you should be able to browse to it on the 192.168.69.1 address. I had the same problem and this worked for me.

Dave

I second this. Just be sure that you connect yourself to the IP Phones ports and not the Network Port, wich I think it comes disabled at start.

If I remember right, it also had DHCP disabled, so remember to set your IP as a Fixed one inside the network 192.168.69.0
  • SebaSeba Posts: 7
    Thank you, guys! Now it really works.

there is no information about this in official documentation (i mean using "ip-phones" ports for device configuration ) at least, i haven't found
    hello, all.
    Now i got another problem.

help me, please, with configuration of my devices (CSG-544 and modero panel MVP5200)

i'm trying to connect to it with 5200i panel.
    So, i need to know the address of proxy server and set it in SIP settings page of my panel.

Is that address simillar to that one i'm using in web-interface?
    May be i have to use another?
  • The Proxy address on the 5200i should be the same IP address used to configure the SIP gateway thru the browser.

Make sure you are using the LAN side and not the WAN (internet facing) side for the IP address. I don't think WAN side configuration is enabled by default, so that shouldn't be a problem.
    jtalley wrote: »
    The Proxy address on the 5200i should be the same IP address used to configure the SIP gateway thru the browser.

Make sure you are using the LAN side and not the WAN (internet facing) side for the IP address. I don't think WAN side configuration is enabled by default, so that shouldn't be a problem.

does it mean that i must use one of IP Phones ports?
  • ProdigalProdigal Posts: 90
    Seba wrote: »
    does it mean that i must use one of IP Phones ports?

Yes

Basically you use the IP Phone port IP number as your Proxy Server

Your Login is going to be the Extension number you configure inside the CSG, and the password that you define for that Extension is also editable inside the same popup where you configure the Touch Panel Extension (inside the CSG web browser)

Check this Thread as well, might come in handy:

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?7208-VoIP-Gateway-CSG-544-Delay-FIX
    I'm very surprised that i find here really useful advices in a short time. Thank you!

I've been using AMX devices only for 2 moths, so sorry about my simple questions.

i'm solving current troubles one by one ) so my next one is in metreau-ecom-d device.

is there difference between MVP5200 and MET-ECOM accounts in CSG?
    i got 2 similar extensions (6000 and 6001), but my panel (6001 for example) can see proxy, while MET-ECOM (6001) writes me "not registered" in it's SIP configuration field

MET-ECOM's settings are correct. I can control it from web browser. It's also connected to master controller.
    Are there any ideas?
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    As far as I know, the MET-ECOM does not have the ability to initiate a phone call. I think the way it works is the button on the ECOM is detected by the AMX processor and then the processor talks to the SIP gateway to initiate everything. I still have not had time to explore this on the level that I need, but as I recall, this is how it is working.

Simple answer: Yes, the ECOM is treated differently than a touch panel.

Jeff
  • There's no difference from the CSG perspective. You could hook up a soft phone (twinkle, xlite, etc...) to any account, touch panel, door station, etc...

It doesn't make sense to enable some of the features for the MetECom tho - you don't want voice mail on your door bell.

If you look closely however, you'll notice the MetECom doesn't register with the gateway until the button is pushed. From there, I think it will only initiate a call to the configured number (or maybe the master has to do this - haven't had much time w/ the MetECom).

If you look at the CSG status page, you'll see your touch panel is always registered (green icon) and your ECom will only be green for a short time after the door bell is pushed and during the conversation. The registration will expire and ultimately it will go offline and wait to be pushed again. The only reason a device needs to stay registered is to RECEIVE a call, and since a doorbell never receives a call, all is good.

Jeff, the master/processor never talks directly to the gateway for a phone call. All phone operations are from the phone/panel/station. There was talk about making a duet module/page that could control some of configuration (ie follow-me roaming) on the gateway but I'm not sure what happened with that effort.

Good luck!
    how do you think, is it possible to connect the 3rd party device (similar to MET-ECOM) to amx system? (it's not in list of 3rd party devives on the pages of amx.com)

it provides SIP technology and also has camera. But now i have connected it as IP-phone. So, i can hear voice only. Is there any standard solution or i can view video in MVP5200 only from MET-ECOM?
  • I guess I was referring more to the subscriber account on the CSG - the sub account is independent of the station type.

If you have a video-phone, it may use h263 for video which the 5200 does not support. If the video-phone/3rdparty device uses motion-jpeg, then you should be able to construct a panel page that does 1-way video conferencing much like the metecom does.

Most PC apps will use SIP to handshake the entire call - video and voice, and the panels don't support SIP for video negotiation.