Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NXD-435 Hard Buttons

I am trying to program a couple of NX-435's and cannot get the hard buttons to send any push/release info to the master all soft buttons work fine, it seems odd that both panels don't want to play ball has any one else had any issues with these ?

Michael

Comments

• CT-DallasCT-Dallas Posts: 157
    Silly question, but did you give them channel numbers in TPD? CNTL+B to show external controls.
  • CT-DallasCT-Dallas Posts: 157
    Does the large center button get you into setup? There is a ribbon cable behind the faceplate that may be disconnected.
  • Ribbon connected, center button goes into setup etc. set with no chan code as its just for screen on/off all other hard buttons have chan codes and light up but nothing goes to the master.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Make sure the global button settings haven't been overridden by the individual pages. When you have a page open in TPD4, hit control-B to see the buttons, and check the setting in button properties (under General).

If that is all good, I have had then inexplicably stop working then come back after a power cycle. You can't hot-plug them, for one thing, they only seem to recognize the buttons if they are plugged in when it powers on. But, in the cases where I have had them stop working, I never had to restart them more than once; it hasn't, for me, been a recurring problem.
  • Thanks for that it was the global override, one other thing for some reason the button lights don't seem to respond to feed back channels going on and off, is this the way the unit works ? they are installed in bathrooms and the clients wants the extract fan on one of the hard buttons but with no feed back it will just get left on.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    That's a good question, I never needed them to do more than light when the button was pressed (momentary)... and that may in fact be all they are capable of. Could be they are hardwired for that. If so, you could create a small popup that fades in above the button for your feedback.
  • It would be a bit limiting if it was but on testing it looks like thats the way it is.