Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

ViewStat Thermostats in Germany with Nordgas/Vaillant?

Anyone know if the VST will work in Germany with Vaillant and Nordgas heating systems? Thanks and greetings!

Comments

• Options
    Vstat

Hi Bob, I hope you found your answer already but yes it will work. The North American thermostats use simple contact closure to fire up the furnace or A/C. They do not use fancy modulated thermostats as they do in Europe. And most modulated furnaces do also support contact closure. As legacy support to the old Honeywell style thermostats with mercury in it as a switch. I did not hook up the vstat personally but the Aprilaire model 8870 which is exactly the same but with a different communication bus. It requires 24V A/C for power (between R and C) and the W1 is the first stage heat contact (to C). Y1 for the A/C. As a remember right. Good luck with it. I want to get one too.
  • Options
    bobbob Posts: 296
    teune_r, thanks very much! What I need is exactly simple contact closure. Do you know whether it will operate autonomous after the temperature point has been set, i.e. on/off the relay? Thanks again!
  • Options
    VStat

Hi Bob,
    yes the thermostat will work autonomous after you set the temp via the bus, as long it has power it will keep doing its job just like a regular thermostat.