Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Touch Panels falling offline when using the same WAP

Hi Friends,
I greatly love this site as I got much help from here to increase my learning curve.I have just a beginner in AMX programming, but i am having some strange issues lately which I have not been able to solve.

In one of our projects, we are having 2 NI3100 controllers in two different rooms. One is a Meeting room having a MVP-7500 and the other is the Managers' office having a MVP-5200i. Of these, MVP-5200i is roaming and has the controller set as Master. Both the Controllers and the WAPs in the rooms are connected to a common switch.

My issue is whenever the MVP-5200i enters into the Meeting room, both the MVP-5200i and MVP-7500 loses it's connection. Otherwise both are working fine. The Wap i am using is the Linksys 4410N set to G only Mode. The SSID is same on both and the channels are also set to 1 and 6 respectively.

Anybody have any idea on what could be wrong?

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It sounds like the kind of thing you would get if they have the same device number.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I have put the Touch Panel in the Manager's Office as 10001:1:1 and
    the one in the Meeting Room as 10001:1:2

I only changed the System numbers since they are linking to different NI Controllers.
    Does that mean I should change the Meeting room Touch Panel to 10002:1:2?
  • Options
    CT-DallasCT-Dallas Posts: 157
    What is the connection MODE listed in PROTECTED SETUP>SYSTEM CONNECTION>MASTER CONNECTION>MODE?

If the mode is AUTO or LISTEN, that may be part of the problem.
  • Options
    @Hawthorne,
    I tried with the Different Device Nos. Both the Touch Panels are working perfectly.
    Thanks once again!!!!

@Dallas
    Thanks for the Comments. The Mode is set to URL . I believe that was not the problem since
    setting the Touch Panels with different Device Numbers has solved the issue as of now.