Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Tips and Tricks

Keep bargraph levels despite panel/controller upload ?

Hi

Got a Bargraph controlling a floorheatvalve with 0-10V.

Everytime I upload a new project to either the touch panel or the controller - the bargraph and hereby the 0-10V is set to 0....

Are there anyway I can set the bargraph to at least a fixed value, upon panel or controller startup...?

Regards Brian A

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Update it in an online event for the panel. If it were me, I'd force, if possible, a query to the device on the online event, then send that ... it might still read zero for a few moments while everything is starting up, but once the dust settles it will be the actual value.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    You can protect a touch panel reboot/reload from affecting the level by also having a channel assigned to the button. Only affect the actual level if the channel is pushed when the level changes. This might also help with the processor reboot as well.

Jeff
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    You can protect a touch panel reboot/reload from affecting the level by also having a channel assigned to the button. Only affect the actual level if the channel is pushed when the level changes. This might also help with the processor reboot as well.

Jeff

This is my current favorite method. Assign the level a channel number too and use it to set a var or just track this channel's state. If using the var method clear the var upon release. Now in the level event use this var or channel state in an "if" conditional to qualify the level event so if it wasn't iniated by a button push it's likely a system reboot or the panel fell offline so do nothing but if your flag of choice is set then act upon the level change.
  • I was under the assumption that if you declare virtual touch panel and then do a define_combine to the touch panels , then the level value never goes to zero
  • GarretGarret Posts: 27
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »

Jeff

OMG that's brilliant! I have been setting a bunch of flags during offline and online events and various other things that seem well stupid now, Thanks!
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    bia@jdm.dk wrote: »
    Hi

Got a Bargraph controlling a floorheatvalve with 0-10V.

Everytime I upload a new project to either the touch panel or the controller - the bargraph and hereby the 0-10V is set to 0....

Are there anyway I can set the bargraph to at least a fixed value, upon panel or controller startup...?

Regards Brian A

Seems like there are various methods to achieve what you want. I only update levels if the panel is online. Otherwise I leave them alone.
    Paul