Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Touch Panel turns off

Good morning, does any body know how to make the touch panel to not turn off, I tried setting the motion sensor to make the touch panel turn on and also the light sensor, but the touch panel does not turn on. Because of the touch panel turns off, professors think is not working and leave the projector on, any sugestions? Here is the model we are using AMX NX-CV5 Touch Panel. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Go into the setup and adjust the panel 'Display Timeout' to the required time you want.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    In your application, also consider programming in a timed auto turnoff of the projector at least overnight...
  • You are right

You gave me a awsome idea, in that case the system or projector since is what is most expensive (bulb) would turn off by itself, now the tricky part is to program it
  • I program all my rooms to shutdown at 12 AM nightly. Simple code. Even if someone has reached up and turned the projector on manually this will work.

IF (COMPARE_STRING(TIME,'00:00:0?'))
    {
    ON[SYSTEM_ON]
    WAIT 100
    CALL 'System Off'
    WAIT 1810
    {
    SEND_STRING dvProj,PROJ_OFF
    PROJ_POWER=0
    OFF[SYSTEM_ON]
    }
    }
  • When it comes to touch panels sleeping, I do a mix of behaviour. Our systems have two main states: running & standby. While running I keep the panel awake using the following "code".
    //pseudo-code.  Don't try to compile this!
    if(bSystemRunning){
     wait 500 'TP dont sleep'  //Every 50 seconds.  Even if the panel has a DisplayTimeout time of 1 min, it will still be kept awake.
      send_command dvTp,'WAKE'
    }

When in standby, I let the panels go to sleep. I've seen (with my own eyes) temporary burn-in on a CV7 from being left on 24/7 for 3 months. While I like our logo, I don't like seeing it's ghost on every page!

In addition to this, I enable the "Wake Panel On Motion Sense" with a value of approx 50. Finally, we have additional PIRs in the room coming into the NI I/O ports (or occasionally as part of the lighting system). When the system is in standby, motion in the room will send a 'WAKE' command to the panel. By the time they have reached the panel the backlight has turned on.

Here are a few other power-saving ideas which have worked well for me over the last 5 years (in a university context):
    1) I shutdown a running system (with a warning popup of course) after 90 minutes of no movement. If there is movement during the countdown, the 90 minute counter is reset. 90 minutes seemed like a reasonable duration for our context (tertiary university) - it's enough to watch the average film.
    2) I have an additional midnight shutdown, to cover the possibility of our PIR sensitivity being too great, where they trigger based on room thermals making it look like there are people in the room all the time.
    3) I provide a blanking (or picture mute) option for our projectors. I found that people would think this turns the projector off, so they would just blank the projector and leave the room. My program allows a projector to be blank for up to 30min, after which the AMX turns the projector off.

Yours,
    Roger McLean
    Swinburne University
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    We do a similar thing. All displays can be blanked (or auto mute when source is broken away). They will remain in this state for 30 minutes (default, actual time can be set per display via RMS in case of 'special requirements') after which they power off. Power / image is restored as soon as they are required again. This not only saves projector bulbs but is a kick arse way to save pretty significant amounts of power and extend device lifetime.

With the auto shutdown guff in addition to Roger's suggestions if you've got a DSP in the facility you can use it as an acoustic sensor to augment motion sensing and system interaction timeouts.
  • Panel

Thank you guys for all the replys, at the moment we do not have RMS, but hopefully soon, I'm going to try some of the suggestions, hopefully tomorrow is slow so I can try and test. Thanks