Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

MVP7500 problems

Hi everyone,
I have many many problems with some 7500 modero panels. I have already sent the last firmware (v2.55.43) to modero but I can not send any new pages or graphics from TPDesign4 (last version) connected to NI3000 (v2.31.137) and AMX access point (NXA-WAP200G). When I try to, I receive an error message from TPDesign4 program and the modero does not have any respone (no transmit and no receive) for a long time!!!!!!!!
Any idea for this?

George

Comments

• Options
    Reese JacobsReese Jacobs Posts: 347
    MVP7500 problems

What error message(s) are you getting from TPDesign4? If you used the same Netlinx Master and WAP setup you described to wirelessly upgrade the MVP to the latest firmware, then you have confirmed that the Master can communicate with the panel and that the WAP is working. Did you try sending the TPD4 file to the panel using Netlinx instead of TPDesign4 to see if the problem is your communication setup within TPDesign4? Perhaps the specific error messages will help determine/pinpoint the problem.
  • Options
    Thanks Reese,
    I tried to upgrade the first modero panel wiressly with these setups (NI and WAP) but it stopped one step before the final download file. Since then this panel does not any response. I did the same procedure in my office with an other WAP and an NI700 controller and everything was fine.
    I have many problems when I try to do something with NI2000 or NI3000. When I'm doing the same things with NI700 it's OK.
    The truth is that I have not tried to download the panel through the Netlinx studio... I will check the specific error that appears and I''ll tell you...

George
  • Options
    George,
    If all fails use the USB connection - I have had to use it several times when the wireless connection would be unreliable. the file transfer goes much faster as a bonus.
  • Options
    How are your cat5 cables?

I know this sounds strange but i have had the same problems with mvp-8400/ and cv12 panels. After a long while of testing i found that the network cable i used wasn't a cable with the correct twist of pairs in the rj45 connector. Even testing this cable gives an 1:1 connection it didn't work. After i changed the twisting the right way on pins 3 and 6 (white/green,green) everything works fine.
    I don't say this is the problem where you're dealing with but be shure your network cable is connected on the proper way.
    Good luck