Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Latest iPort Module v3.23

Greetings,

I have updated my system to the latest Nelinx release of the iPort module.

Since updating, when removing an iPod from the dock, the UI continues to show Online. Then, after reinserting an iPod, the new iPod does not come online until manualy pressing offline then online again on the UI.

With the previous version, I could remove the iPod and it would immediately show offline, then a few seconds after inserting another iPod, it would show online with the name of the iPod.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Something has changed regarding feedback. You need to press a button to enable/disable feedback to the touchpanel
    I thought it was button 140/141, but I'm not sure.

Edit:
    This is it:
    *********************************BIG NOTE for v3.2********************************
    With the v3.2 module there is a new feature that disables/enables feedback from channels 142/143. By default you will not get feedback to the panel until channel 142 is pushed. This was added to help maintain traffic in larger systems by enabling feedback from button 142 on the page flip to the iPort page and then disabling feedback to that panel by channel 143 on the page flip away from the iPort page.
  • Thanks Yuri. I am aware of this. You're referring to channels 142 and 143 of the vdv that allow feedback to the individual panels of their dev array.

In my case there is some sort of status notification of docking/undocking that is no longer occuring.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've noticed this too. Last I used it was a rush job though, and I had to settle for "good enough." I'll have to take another look at that module, see if there is a workaround.
  • The Comm module should issue an 'IPOD_DCOK_STATUS=' when the iPod is docked or undocked. I never see this. Further, I don't see any strings being sent from the dock to the master upon docking/undocking.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Which version is your iPort? Maybe there is an updated firmware?
    Maybe it's your iPod?

I have no problems with my iPod 5th Gen Video on an iPort FS-22 with latest firmware :)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The one I had the issue with was a brand-new 32G iPod Touch, and I had just updated it in iTunes (this was two weeks ago from this post). The module was the most recent available from AMX at the time (I haven't checked for an update, I don't think there has been one for a while).
  • How old is the iPort? There may be firmware updates for the dock itself.
  • the8thst wrote: »
    How old is the iPort? There may be firmware updates for the dock itself.

It's a new IW-22. I beleive the firmware is 3.06

The iPort module says that it was tested on v 3.07 although iPortmusic.com says that 3.06 is the latest.