Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

MVP-9000i Status?

Any body know what the status of the MVP-9000i is. Is it on schedule? I beleive it was to ship this month but I haven't heard anything about them. I've asked customer service several times via email while discussing other matters but they've never answered the question.

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    90 days have passed?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I hate to bring it up, but AMX has a history of announcing products far before they are ready, and then being late on the release ... and then having a buggy release that takes a few update cycles to resolve. Need I mention the R4 and color Viewstat? I suppose there is some advantage to this in terms of maintaining customer interest, but it's annoying all the same.

I might add it's really damaging to dealer confidence. I'm afraid to order new AMX products (as opposed to upgrades for existing ones) until they have been out for a while.
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I might add it's really damaging to dealer confidence. I'm afraid to order new AMX products (as opposed to upgrades for existing ones) until they have been out for a while.

I agree entirely. We've instituted a policy of never implementing new AMX product until we have it in our hands and have a chance to fully simulate its operation in the field.

I usually like to take it a step further and wait for feedback from other dealers that jump on the the prducts right away. I affectionately call those dealers "Beta Testers."