Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Sharp IR Codes Document Attached

Greetings,

Attached is a document that I received from Sharp for IR control of some TV models. On the second page is a chart or IR commands. Does this makes sense to anyone? I would like to turn this into usable IR file.

Thanks.

Comments

• TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Bump.... I'm trying to turn this document into usable AMX IR.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    To me these are serial commands that trigger the same action as a received IR signal, not IR per se.
  • Those are IR codes. This thread explains how to convert.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?keywords=2049

Kevin D.
    Thanks Kevin. I read through that thread. I assume that the valuable part is the use of the makehex.exe? I haven't the foggiest as to what to do with the info in the pdf I posted.

Please shed some light if you could.
  • Key is makehex. It's on remotecentral. If you never fooled with it, it can be a little confusing. Basically the first four columns are the data in binary. The last two columns are the same thing in hex (compatible with makehex).

First hex column is the device ID, the second is the command ID. You would download makehex and edit the sharp.irp file to change the device number to either 1 or 17 (01h and 11h are the only two devices used in the PDF). Change it to 1 and type 'makehex -h sharp.irp outputfile.txt' Change the sharp.irp to device 17 and run the same thing again to a different output file.

That will give you all 255 commands available for that device. The -h outputs that in hex. Drop the first byte (1) from the command column and match up the commands. IE, the file will have commands 1-FF, so for ON/OFF (01-116), look in device 1 text file for command 16.

Or you can just download the two files I all ready made for you. ;)

Kevin D.
    Thanks Kevin! You're the man!