Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

Standard Channels Documentation

I am looking for a document with a list of the standard module channels for use when writing my own Netlinx modules. For example, channel 9 is toggle power, channels 24 and 25 are for volume ramping, channel 252 is data initialized, etc. I am able to piece some parts together from AMX supplied modules but would much rather have a single document with everything in it.

The standard levels and commands would be great also.

I found a document once but it was extremely long. I am looking for basically a table with the number and associated function. Does this exist?

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    In NetLinx Studio, go to the Help menu. Select the Standard NetLinx API Help option. This should list all of the devices.

Jeff
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    wilw410 wrote: »
    I found a document once but it was extremely long. I am looking for basically a table with the number and associated function. Does this exist?

Such a document may exist somewhere (a quick search of tech notes doesn't reveal one), but
    C:\program files\Common Files\AMXShare\AXIs\SNAPI.axi

provides a definitive list of the standard channels and levels.

You could dump this into Excel and do a data -> columns on it and then do a sort and filter to produce the table you're after.