Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Web Power Switch

FYI,
Digital Loggers just released a "Web Power Swtich" that's only $119.00. It's not rack mountable like the EPCII but it has 8 switched outlets (assumed independant control), auot-ping reboot ability and I think some of the same scripting features that the EPCII has. I don't know if the EPCII module posted in the MOD Pedia section will work on this but it should be adapable if it doesn't. I just ordered one so we'll see.

Web Power Switch: http://webpowerswitch.com/

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    We too sell several web based power switches (Certified Cyber Solutions). However this us not a good place to talk about it. Just satin... :)
  • I just paired your module with this and it does work! Thanks! I need to look into the variable text assignments, but actual control works.

I updated the array to my button numbers 2531, but it was writing to 231. I will look into it further, but from a control perspective - it is great and the price of the unit ROCKS! You seem to get all of the features, but do not have a redundant power supply. The web server features appear to be identical. The larger one gives you two power plugs per circuit - but for Resi, I can't see how that is better. I wanted discrete power control over set top boxes, the NI, and the dsl modem. Not sure I would use the second port per circuit of the larger one.

Thanks again for the module!
  • What about with 230V? :P
  • The manual states:
    8 Switched Outlets + 2 Un-switched Outlets
    Eight control circuits are provided, each with a switched outlet. Two un-switched outlets power “always on” devices. Line voltages from 90-240VAC voltage are detected automatically. A circuit breaker and power sequencing are provided.

http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc3man.pdf
  • Well this looks actually really great.

But it looks like it has US power outlets only. Kinda hard for us on EU to use it. Or is is only on the pic, but they can ship it with other outlets?
    Can we control it with amx thru IP? like telnet or any other port