Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Firmware Update Faliture

Hi All,

I've got a problem with a 8400, when I've tryed to upgrade the firmware the firmware transfer was crashed on my PC and then the firmware was not transfered totally on the 8400.

Now the 8400 is bloked in the startup with a black screen and the blue led light on.

What can I Do?

Thanks a Lot

Comments

• Unfortunately, it sounds like the download failed for some reason. Based on the description of the current state of the panel, you'll need to send the unit in to have the bootloader re-loaded.

Depending on where it actually crashed, it's possible (tho unlikely given your description) that replacing the compact flash would fix the issue.

In the future, if Studio or some other error occurs during a download, do NOT reboot the panel. It is possible that a second transfer could complete successfully and save the day.
  • Tnk, I've tryed to download 2 other times the firmware upgrade and it always crash in the same point.

Now I would try to change the compact flash
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Crashing in the same point of the download twice suggests either a corrupt firmware file or a bad spot of memory at exactly the point where that download is failing. Replacing the CF will only help if you have one with a working image on it already; the bootload portion that isn't stored on the CF isn't enough to connect and attempt a new upload.
  • OKY, I've tyed to bild up a copy of an 8400i CF.

It seems that work.

I think that it was just corrupted memory