Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

MVP-8400 beeps when on Dock?

I got an MVP-8400 back from service a couple weeks ago, reinstalled and everything seemed fine.

the client called the other day and tells me "The lights flash too bright and it beeps"

Its on a MVP-TDS(Also was in for service)

Pretty sure I can adjust the lights so they are not so bright, but the mystery beeping is throwing me off.... WHy would the panel Beep when there is no user interaction? they say it just beeps sometimes.... anyone else hear of this?

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps it's not charging and the beep is the beginning of a reboot after a shutdown.
  • Options
    ImpaqtImpaqt Posts: 155
    doubtful, but I should ask. the only cmplaint they have is the lights and noise. If the panel wasnt charging or if it was rebooting I'm sure they would of mentioned that... But sometimes ya gotta ask I guess.
  • Options
    MVP8400 2.86.x firmware introduced a sound when you dock the panel. It can be disabled in the Audio Settings page.

Are you saying they hear this even when they are not docking the panel? If so, I would make sure that the tone they are randomly hearing matches the docking tone. If so, report back.
  • Options
    amxcjc wrote: »
    MVP8400 2.86.x firmware introduced a sound when you dock the panel. It can be disabled in the Audio Settings page.

Are you saying they hear this even when they are not docking the panel? If so, I would make sure that the tone they are randomly hearing matches the docking tone. If so, report back.

the panel is on the nightstand next to the bed and is "Always Docked". going over there tomorrow to investigate further.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Impaqt wrote: »
    the panel is on the nightstand next to the bed and is "Always Docked". going over there tomorrow to investigate further.

But is it really? Perhaps it's just not seated well and is making marginal contact ... and therefore docking and undocking all the time.
  • Options
    Turns out it was indeed the "Docked" beep.

there is a lot of play between the connectors when the panel is docked. Shifting the panel, even hitting some buttons, caused the contacts to break and make contact triggering a new "Docked" message.

DIsabled the beep, but seems to me the contacts should be a bit more secure.... Probably was never an issue before they added the Beep notification.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There is something wrong then. A docked 8400 should be rock solid ... if it's a tabletop dock, you should be able to pick the whole thing up by the panel and not get a stutter on the connection. I've got one in front of me right now that I can pick up, shake and bang around, and it never "re-docks." Either your dock or your panel has a misaligned connector, or it's not getting seated right.

I might add, a loose power connection might do the same thing.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Or the magnetic latch isn't operating at all.... that's what holds it tight.