Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

CONTROL ENET24 FROM NI CONTROLLER

Hello everyone,
I have tried to make switching between VLANs on ENET24 and I can't do it from NI controller. I have successfully done it through windows telnet session but when i try to do it with IP CLIENT OPEN on port 23 through NI ethernet port it doesn't work.
Please note that we sent just the same strings either from telnet session or from netlinx code.

Comments

• jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    Very curious what your reason is for needing to do that, but regardless...

The usual reason is that the device is expecting telnet negotiations before it will talk to you. This happens transparently with the Windows telnet client, but you have to program it yourself in NetLinx. Have your program print out the strings it's receiving from the switch, and you should see something like $FF,$FB,$01 (negotiate window size), which you could respond to with $FF,$FB,$1F (you can't make me). The exact strings sent depend on the device you're talking to -- post what you get here, and I can try to help you decipher them. You could also try using Wireshark on the Windows telnet session to see the negotiations, although they're likely to be more complicated than the bare minimum you will need to talk to the device.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    This thread may be of some help regarding the telnet commands that jweather mentioned. I was also doing the same thing but with a Cisco switch for changing VLANs through AMX. (HDMI over IP switching)

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?6856-TELNET-commands&highlight=telnet+commands
  • PanemPanem Posts: 10
    I think I am really close.. I believe this is the problem becausee the reply i take is $FF$FD$18. What should I reply on this command?!
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Check out the thread in my earlier post. Some where in there is a list of the various commands.
  • jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    Panem wrote: »
    I think I am really close.. I believe this is the problem becausee the reply i take is $FF$FD$18. What should I reply on this command?!

The device wants to know your terminal type. You could try replying with $FF$FC$18 (won't negotiate terminal type).