Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

FieldServer Gateway integration with AMX and Johnson Controls

I have a site which requires control of HVAC by the AMX control system. The site consists of Johnson Controls NAE which communicates via N2 to the thermostats which are for AHU controls is UNT and the Thermostat is AP-TMZ series. The Controllers used for FCU's are TEC series. Now in order to control the Johnson Controls the client procured a interface box which talks to the Bacnet protocol of the Johnson Controls and converts it to serial so that AMX can understand. The interface box is called intesis box and i have attached the product documentation.

Now the issue that we are facing is that the when the AHU thermostats try to change the room set points, it will only work from AMX touch panels . The AHU thermostats display an 'ERR 2' when the set point is being modified. We don't face this on the FCU thermostats. Has anybody worked with the Fieldserver gateway which can interface with the Johnson Controls devices, thermostats and doesnt make the thermostats to lock up. From the Johnson Controls side, both the intesis box and the Johnson Controls thermostats are kept at the lowest Bacnet priority.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    We interfaced directly with an NAE system on 5 jobs , using RS-422, without going through BACNet. The HVAC contractor didn't actually spec any thermostats, so it was AMX or nothing. I don't think that's atypical. My experience (so far) with systems using Modbus is the same. The HVAC guys can log in and control stuff remotely, but an AMX panel is the sole means for a user to change the temperature.

No pressure, really.
  • Options
    More details

Hi Jeff,

Could you send more details on the direct integration to NAE system. What are the commands for setting the data points and reading the data points. The communication setttings like baud rate,etc.

Thanks