Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

AMX Programmer need for 6 weeks starting 25th October in West Sussex

Hi all,

I'm urgently seeking an AMX Programmer to help deliver a major project in West Sussex, starting around the 25th October for 6 weeks with the strong possibility that it could go on much longer as the company have projects ongoing around the world. Please review the details below and if interested e-mail your CV to darren@astutetechnical.co.uk or call me on 02392 221 600. If you're not interested, but know someone who might be, please pass on their details to me and you'll get a financial reward if they get the job!

AMX Engineers - Video Technology
£300-350 per day + expenses
West Sussex with possible travel abroad

We're looking for AMX Engineers to work on a contract basis for our client who install and commission cutting edge Audio and Video technology in major cities around the world. Working on large scale multi-million pound projects, you'll be highly experienced working with AMX Hardware and Software.

The role involves travelling to site in West Sussex and managing the setup, installation and programming of audio, video, lighting and server technology so that everything streams and runs as it should. It's important that you've worked directly with AMX and can read code and programme the technology. You'll cover all aspects of control and automation, switching, distributed audio / video and technology management.

You'll be field based, travelling to sites which require AMX expertise, primarily at the installation and commissioning phase. The roles are primarily contract based although the company would also consider taking people in permanent posts. Likely to pay in the region of £300-350 per day + expenses. Please forward your CV to darren@astutetechnical.co.uk

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Shoot - 6 weeks at about $500 / day . . . I'd do it! However daily travel expenses across the pond might add up quickly. :-P

Sounds like a good gig!
  • AstuteAstute Posts: 2
    Hi!

I could probably get your flights over and back at the end paid for and accomodation during the duration of contract! Depends if you fancy the (not very) sunny South Coast of England!

Cheers,

Darren
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    The English weather is what I'd probably be more accustomed to than where I live now! Haha!

Chances are I wouldn't even be able to get a passport by then, so it's no use. Otherwise, I'd do it in a heart beat, quit my job and fly to England for 6 weeks, make some good money only for it to be gobbled up I'm sure by both the US and English government.

Good luck on your search, I wish I could help!
  • Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    Shame you ask this so late. A bit too late to take a 6-week holiday.

How's the UK policy anyway? Can anyone from the EU just work there, or do you need a work-visa etc?

Edit:

Astute a few quesitons:
    - is this residential work?
    - Is it regular work week or flexible hours?
    - Does it involve travelling around the globe a lot or mostly around the UK or England?

Too bad you're asking this so late, else I'd send in my résumé this sounds like fun work.
  • the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    I would be very interested in this, but I would have to be gone over my only kid's first birthday.

Please keep me in mind for future projects (my passport is begging for some stamps).
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Since when is there a sunny coast in England? I been to both Plymouth and Portmouth in my Navy days and I don't recall any sun. :)

JJ, bring the family and make it a working vacation. Weedends in London or the coutryside. The trains will take you everywhere.
  • Hey

a)The sun always shines in the UK, we just make it grey and miserable when Americans come to visit!!

b)There is no shortage of freelance AMX programmers here, without you all trying to get a free holiday!

Darren, are you looking for freelance programmers or as your advert suggests installers?