Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NXD-500i goes into setup by itself

Greetings,

My client has now twice mentioned that her in-wall NXD-500i was in the setup screen when she went to use it.

I don't have vnc or telnet forwarding active through the router and there aren't any savvy teens in the residence.

Has anyone else experienced this.

Thanks, Rich

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Something I've noticed on a few our installs is the bezel is sometimes too tight and just barely leans up the big gray button. I have the tendency to rest my thumb on the bezel towards the bottom and that has in the past turned the display off, or if held long enough go into setup. It would be hard to miss it going into setup after waking it up, but it's possible that the button gets stuck towards the end a "session."

Highly doubt it's the cause, but might be worth putting on your list of possibilities.
  • Yes, when the panel isn't mounted fully flush and the faceplate can put slight pressure on the bottom button. Never had one fully go into setup mode, but it would randomly hit the button and turn the screen on/off. Not a stretch to think it could push it long enough to go into setup.

You can try disabling the front panel setup access and see if it still happens.

Kevin D.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Well - good to see I'm not the only one thinking it . . . might not be so far fetched as I though. Good idea to disable the front button for now.

Either way - you definitely need more details from the client, such as when it's happening. Does the panel wake up from motion? If so, is she seeing the setup page right when it wakes up or when she's using it? Does she see the proper page for a few seconds prior to seeing the setup page?
  • Hey, great minds....