Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

CP3006/3008

Just got these new units in for eval. My programmer and I both looked thru the manual and can not find a way to create a button that toggles between 2 conditions. IE: Power on/off. If anyone knows how to do this create a toggle button ,please let me know.

Comments

• Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    I haven't had a look at the software for these units yet as their shipping has been delayed in my part of the world. Usual story; AMX committed to a shipping date, our designers naively put them in designs and then AMX didn't meet the shipping date...

Anyhoo, back on track, if the programming environment is like that for the CP1000 series panels, you'll need to use "bank" functionality. It's not particularly easy to figure out how this works, so I've attached an example that you can have a look at with the DCS1000 software which may help.

The top right hand button is a toggling power button. In bank X1 it turns the system on and bank X2 it turns the system off.
  • Options
    I had been finding to find that toggle function.

I do not think it is possible for now. It is only 1 function for 1 button.
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    The lack of the toggle function is a major oversite, I know that the Extron MLC series that the CP3000's were designed to compete against has this button functionality. It is very important for such functions as video mute or even if properly designed to turn the projector on / off. What I have seen of the demo unit so far I like but I think there is room for improvement and still keep the cost low.
  • Options
    I installed the AMX DCS software last night and couldn't find any way to implement a toggle function.

I now have Novara DCS1000, Solecis DCS and "AMX DCS" software installed on my machine, all of which are, in my opinion, underbaked. How many more device specific apps from AMX am I going to have to install and learn the quirks of?

I must say that on the surface the software for the CP3000 series seems more intuitive than that for the CP1000 series. I think it is sad however that the boffins at AMX have spent all their time working on implementing RGB feedback on buttons instead of implementing the more powerful features available in the DCS1000 software (such as the "bank" functionality) - or a more sensible reworking thereof. I will be recommending to our designers that these devices aren't included in future systems until this is rectified.

On another note C******* control panels have fully blown control systems built in at a reasonable price point. Why oh why couldn't AMX have followed suit?

I understand that not everyone's looking for systems that require software development, however there's no reason that AMX couldn't have rolled configuration style functionality into VA for such devices...

Just my two cents worth.
  • Options
    Another function that I think is needed is the'blink' function for the feedback. The Extron MLC's have this feature and it is handy for warm up and cool down.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    try to do a 1 minute delay, and notice how the complete panel locks up for 1 minute... :s
  • Options
    We saw that when doing our testing. I got an official email from AMX that talked about 90% of the things mentioned will be corrected or added in the next firmware release set for Dec 2010. I would love and wish AMX would have beta testers in real world installs.
  • Options
    I would love and wish AMX would have beta testers in real world installs.

+1.

I understand that there are pressures to get products to market, but releasing products that aren't quite ready are a good way to really $#@! dealers off.

Even though I can drum in to our sales people/engineers not to put brand new and unproven products into jobs, I've got no control of what consultants spec in.

Whilst AMX are generally better at making sure products are ready for market before releasing them than other companies I deal with, this doesn't always seem to be the case with products coming through from the other companies they've been acquiring...
  • Options
    in the next firmware release set for Dec 2010

Anyone know / heard anymore on this release?

Will the volume level be utilized within a serial string, not all devices have discrete ramp up / ramp down commands, using an actual level would be great.
  • Options
    I haven't saw an update as yet. I hope it comes soon so I can continue to evaluate the unit.