Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Remote Sys Access?

Has anyone in the North East experienced problems accessing their systems remotely?

For a couple weeks now my customers on CabeVision no longer send their daily emails but I figure it was only a matter of time that, that was going to break so I'll set up a server in my office master and forward a port for direct comms and then let my system send the emails as E and others do.

Today I notice that I can't connect to any customers through VPN connections. I set up one VPN prior to leaving the job yesterday and tested it during lunch from the restaurant and it work fine. Drive the 3.5 hour back to home last night and I can't connect. I then try to connect to local customers on Cablevison thru VPN and I can't connect. I try the routers back door which I put on a typically not block port and I can't connect to the router either.

I'm on Comcaast myself and I can connect to Comcast customers router back door but not VPN so me thinks there is something going on. I've been thinking it's only a matter of time that ISPs have to change their operation to prohibit or profit from all the heavy VOD streaming that's starting so I wonder if this connection issue is the beginning of that.

edit:
I was finally able to connect to a Comcast customer via gateway - gateway vpn but the client - gateway doesn't work. So Comcast to Comcast seems to work but Comcast to CableVison or Comcast to Frontier Communications doesn't.

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I just happened to have a meeting in an area that uses Charter Communications and my client - gateway connection works fine thru them on an open wi-fi connection I found in the parking lot.

Maybe it's just an issue with my ISP, Comcast? Hmmm. Maybe my gateway? Hmmm.