Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Axr-rf falling asleep?

I have a system with a axr-rf for a RTI remote that works ok now that i worked some bugs out of the code. However, I am seeing that it seems that if the axr-rf is left unused for 30 minutes or so it becomes locked up or simply asleep. I have to unplug axlink (power) and plug it back in before it will receive commands from my RTI remote. I played with the RTI remote continually for an hour with no problem which leads me to believe that the rf box is falling asleep somehow after being idle for a certain period of time. Anybody know anything about this issue? And yes even when the rf box won't respond the green light blinks like everything is normal. Once a second. The red light does not blink of course when I am experiencing the problem.

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    They don't fall asleep. However, I have seen this exact behavior when there is RF interference on the same radio frequency with the 2-way (Wave) RF boxes because they share the bandwidth with WiFi.

You can't rule out the thing going bad though. I'd try another AXR-RF first.
  • so do you think the RF that the rti uses for its own RP-6 processor could be doing it?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It's possible, yes. Is that particular RTI two-way radio? If it is, I would say it is very likely your problem. You may be able to do better if you can move the AMX receiver further away.
  • I'm not sure if this was ever resolved but I'm seeing the same thing on a job. I've also got a wierd scenario where I can't see any of the actual channel event occuring on the gateway's device number when I look at the notifications window. However they must be triggering because I'm getting stuff to work.

It's also strange that it seems like some of the channels are coming in incorrectly. Like on one press I see (through telnet debug message) that channel 25 is coming in. Then I press it again and it comes in as 24. Very bad when you are trying to ramp volume.

I'm using the RTI U2 and I just dragged in the appropriate commands from an amx RF file that I've had for awhile.