Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Wiring of ICSNet/Video connecter on NXT-CV15 ?

vincenvincen Posts: 526
Hi,

As I don't succeed to get video on my NXT-CV15, I suspect something wrong in NXA-AVB. Does someone know if I can connect composite video directly to CAT5 connector on back of Modero ? and if so what is wiring on that connector ?

Thanks

Vinc

Comments

• Options
    VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    A/V wiring data

see attached diagram from manual
  • Options
    VLCNCRZR wrote:
    see attached diagram from manual

Thanks for picture but I'm confused as Video is indicated as polarity negative ! So where I should connect my two wires of video (signal and ground) on that RJ-45 ??

Thanks

Vince
  • Options
    VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    video polarity

video signal (+) = pin 6
    video signal (GND) = pin 3
  • Options
    VLCNCRZR wrote:
    video signal (+) = pin 6
    video signal (GND) = pin 3

Thanks didn't notice the pin 6 :( But it doesn't work so I'm afraid it's my modero itself that has an issue on video input !

Thanks

Vince
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've successfully connected composite video directly to that connector in the past, the AVB is definitely not required - though I don't doubt there are impedance mismatches doing it that way.
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I've successfully connected composite video directly to that connector in the past, the AVB is definitely not required - though I don't doubt there are impedance mismatches doing it that way.

In fact I try to see video composite coming from a freebox (triple play adsl box used here in france) in PAL Format. If I plug composite video cable coming from freebox to a monitor I get a picture.

If I plug it through AVB or directly on pin 3 and 6 of video connector of modero, I get nothing on Modero. I'm in Video setup page, if I put in auto mode, I get nothing, it keeps unlocked all the time. If I force in PAL it gives also nothing. In Secam I get all the time some lines that scroll through window so I suspect something is wrong in the modero ;(

Vince