Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

DBX DriveRack 260 Volume Control

Hi there!

Is there any experts who can kindly advice me on the commands which can be used to control all zones of the DBX instead of individual outputs?

I am able to control the all zones mute and unmute but to control all zones volume (Master volume to some may say) the protocol which I downloaded did not have any information on that.

Thank you and have a pleasant day!

Comments

• Options
    jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    Ugh... this thing brings back bad memories. Quite possibly the worst protocol documentation I've encountered to date, although I suppose some documentation is better than none.

The parameter numbers are going to depend on the configuration preset of your driverack. I don't have the program files for a 260, but if you can find them it will help immensely in figuring out what to control. The files I have for the 220i look like this:
    Driveware Complex Program Document Export on Monday, March 31, 2008 at 04:26:42 PM
    For Device Name: DriveRack 220i
    Program #13
    Mic Mix     

FX#0 INPUT MIXER on Output Channel 1::Mix Out   
    PARAM	TYPE	SVAL	DEC	RANGE
    0	Input 1 Level	0 dB	27	0-47
    1	Input 2 Level	-Inf	0	0-47
    2	Master Level	0 dB	27	0-47
    3	Input 1 Level	-Inf	0	0-47
    4	Input 2 Level	0 dB	27	0-47
    5	Master Level	0 dB	27	0-47

FX#1 (etc...)

FX# and PARAM are the CFX and CPARAM values referred to in the "documentation". If you can find the appropriate program file for your 260, you should be able to control anything you need. I didn't find anything with a quick google, but maybe DBX tech support will be able to dig them up for you.
  • Options
    Thanks alot! It really helps alot. You are right that it is the worst protocol documentation ever. :)
    jweather wrote: »
    Ugh... this thing brings back bad memories. Quite possibly the worst protocol documentation I've encountered to date, although I suppose some documentation is better than none.

The parameter numbers are going to depend on the configuration preset of your driverack. I don't have the program files for a 260, but if you can find them it will help immensely in figuring out what to control. The files I have for the 220i look like this:
    Driveware Complex Program Document Export on Monday, March 31, 2008 at 04:26:42 PM
    For Device Name: DriveRack 220i
    Program #13
    Mic Mix     

FX#0 INPUT MIXER on Output Channel 1::Mix Out   
    PARAM	TYPE	SVAL	DEC	RANGE
    0	Input 1 Level	0 dB	27	0-47
    1	Input 2 Level	-Inf	0	0-47
    2	Master Level	0 dB	27	0-47
    3	Input 1 Level	-Inf	0	0-47
    4	Input 2 Level	0 dB	27	0-47
    5	Master Level	0 dB	27	0-47

FX#1 (etc...)

FX# and PARAM are the CFX and CPARAM values referred to in the "documentation". If you can find the appropriate program file for your 260, you should be able to control anything you need. I didn't find anything with a quick google, but maybe DBX tech support will be able to dig them up for you.