Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

How do I tell the frequency of an AXR-RF?

I'm looking to pick up an inexpensive AXR-RF for my Mio R2 (418MHz) off eBay. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get people to determine what frequency the one they have for sale is. How can you tell what frequency the particular unit is?

Comments

• AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Most of the ones I've seen have had a sticker on the back panel or underneath, but it's been a while since I've seen one and I couldn't be sure if those stickers were put there by the dealers.

If you get one dirt cheap that's the wrong frequency and you have some skills with a soldering iron, you can put in a new frequency receiver board for ~$10 in parts and an hour's worth of work.

I bought a VPT-CP and AXR-RF off a guy which turned out to be different frequencies. The AXR-RF was an older one with a receiver board loaded with discrete components - it took about an hour to figure out how to integrate a newer generic RF receiver board. I believe newer AXR-RF's have smaller receiver modules very similar to the generic board I used and it would be even easier to integrate such a module. Might be worth a try if you don't have any luck getting your hands on a 418MHz receiver.

Can send photos and potentially draw up a schematic for modifying the AXR-RF if you need. The datasheet for the receiver I used is attached (note that my VPT-CP is 433MHz so the datasheet is for a 433MHz receiver, but it's certainly possible to get 418MHz boards in the same form factor/pinout.

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    All but the oldest units include the frequency in the middle of their serial number. There will be 310, 418, or 433 in the middle. The oldest of units without this are generally PHAST and are quite likely to be 310, useless today. But they could be anything. But your really don't want to take chances, particularly on that old a unit, it will be 10 years old or more. It seems MOST more recent units are 418.