Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Where can I buy HP Procurve 24 Port POE switch?

Hi Guys, where I can I buy the HP Procurve 24 Port POE switches in store or online? They are for a large home automation locate in Florida.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Well, I put "buy HP Procurve 24 Port POE switch" into GOOGLE and found 149,000 results. You might try that.
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    GOOGLE must be the ANSWER to EVERYTHING. I just put in "how can i get john nagy from posting on the forums?" and received 399,000 results. I'm combing through them now.

:D
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Google is so smart...

I started to type "Why can't I" and it even knew what I was going to ask
  • Options
    jjames wrote: »
    GOOGLE must be the ANSWER to EVERYTHING. I just put in "how can i get john nagy from posting on the forums?" and received 399,000 results. I'm combing through them now.
    :D

Lest we lose perspective:
    jjames:
    Total Posts - 2,329
    Posts Per Day - 1.04

John Nagy:
    Total Posts - 270
    Posts Per Day - 0.63
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    John Nagy wrote: »
    Lest we lose perspective:
    jjames:
    Total Posts
    Posts Per Day

John Nagy
    Total Posts
    Posts Per Day

I don't get it but can't fault your original post John.

On a more helpful note, @yanbin: You should be able to purchase them through the HP website at http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/howtobuy_smb.html
  • Options
    Auser wrote: »
    I don't get it but can't fault your original post John.

Mr. James appears to be suggesting that I post more frequently than suits him. Hence my notice that he bests me by 10x in totals and twice as many a day. I suggest there is room for others without crowding.

I didn't quote a specific link because there's so many places to buy, there's likely someplace local to the original questioner... he's better off looking on his own.

Give a man a link, and he buys one switch. Teach a man to Google, and he buys everything.
  • Options
    Haha - I was jut merely being as much of a smart-a__ as John was, all in fun (someone obviously missed seeing the smiley) without the intent of hurting one's feelings. Sorry that you took it so personal.
  • Options
    jjames wrote: »
    Haha - I was jut merely being as much of a smart-a__ as John was, all in fun (someone obviously missed seeing the smiley) without the intent of hurting one's feelings. Sorry that you took it so personal.

I'm having trouble reconciling this statement of innocent fun with the message you sent me only 18 minutes earlier, saying, and I quote precisely, "I detest you as a person with an absolute passion." Am I wrong to take that personally?
  • Options
    bcirrisibcirrisi Posts: 148
    PC Connection

I buy all HP ProCurve stuff through PC Connection, they usually have it to you in a couple of days.

http://www.pcconnection.com/
  • Options
    I'm having trouble reconciling this statement of innocent fun with the message you sent me only 18 minutes earlier, saying, and I quote precisely, "I detest you as a person with an absolute passion." Am I wrong to take that personally?
    Johny boy, I am finished having a public pissing match with you. While I do "detest" you (shocked?) and feel that you do not belong on these forums, I did say that I was having fun - hence the smiley. I even admitted my post was not in spite; you must have clearly forgotten about that in our private messages. I know what kind of person you are, so I'll even let you have the last word so this can be finished in public and we can have a more appropriate discussion in private.

To contribute to the thread in a helpful manner - to the OP, it appears Amazon has the unit you're looking for in stock for around $1,900.
  • Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    JJames & John Nagy, perhaps you guys can keep this off the forum? We don't care about your personal grudges, whether you have them for good reasons or not.

John the message posted by JJames did not come across to me as a personal stab, more of a joke directed towards you.
    I didn't expect you to actually post what he said in PM either, especially considering you're advocating the 'Cinetouch' product.

@yanbin

I would also suggest following Eric's link as that is one of my favorites.
    The url-shortener service is different though.

http://cl.ly/3cZf
  • Options
    There will be no further interaction between Mr. James and I.
    Nerieru wrote: »
    I didn't expect you to actually post what he said in PM either, especially considering you're advocating the 'Cinetouch' product.

Note that there is no "secrecy" assured in a "private" message, the words PRIVATE MESSAGE are exclusively to differentiate from a broadcast forum message. To imagine that you can say anything as abusive or insulting as you want to someone in a PM and escape all consequences or responsibility is certainly creative, but not real.

Read the AMX FAQ about "PRIVATE MESSAGES". You'll see how it is even explicitly anticipated that you will reply, forward the message to other forum members, or otherwise repost content from such messages. It's just another communication medium.

Anyway, sorry for the diversion. Smiley. All better. (THAT'S a joke)
  • Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    There will be no further interaction between Mr. James and I.

Note that there is no "secrecy" assured in a "private" message, the words PRIVATE MESSAGE are exclusively to differentiate from a broadcast forum message. To imagine that you can say anything as abusive or insulting as you want to someone in a PM and escape all consequences or responsibility is certainly creative, but not real.

Read the AMX FAQ about "PRIVATE MESSAGES". You'll see how it is even explicitly anticipated that you will reply, forward the message to other forum members, or otherwise repost content from such messages. It's just another communication medium.

Anyway, sorry for the diversion. Smiley. All better. (THAT'S a joke)

I'm not referring to that at all, what I'm saying is that I didn't expect YOU to do it. You generally try to keep an air of professionalism around you.
  • Options
    All I'm taking away from this thread is that enough Americans (who else could it be?) have Googled something about owning a Canadian for it to show up as a search prediction.

Good thing I'm too polite to show my ootrage.

Jeff
    Toronto
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    All I'm taking away from this thread is that enough Americans (who else could it be?) have Googled something about owning a Canadian for it to show up as a search prediction.

Good thing I'm too polite to show my ootrage.

Jeff
    Toronto

Actually, what you're seeing is the snakiness of the database programmers at Google. An example of this during the previous election cycle where if you Googled the word "Faliure" the first item found was George W Bush. I'm not knowingly an aqaintance with any American who wishes to own a Canadian.
    E
  • Options
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I'm not knowingly an aqaintance with any American who wishes to own a Canadian.
    E

Why, what's wrong with Canadians? (I'm determined to feel persecuted.)
  • Options
    Well - "Why can't I own a Canadian", it refers to a hilarious and very insightful letter supposedly written to Dr. Laura Schlessinger. It's a funny read IMHO.

On a semi-different note: I've always wanted to own a midget. A Canadian midget would be the best though. :D

Jeff, BTW - I love Toronto. If there's a city I'd live in outside of the US, it'd be Toronto. Any job openings up there? LOL
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Actually, what you're seeing is the snakiness of the database programmers at Google. An example of this during the previous election cycle where if you Googled the word "Faliure" the first item found was George W Bush. I'm not knowingly an aqaintance with any American who wishes to own a Canadian.
    E
    Hey if you try that now do you get Obama? Or does that slant only go one way (the wrong way). :)

Yeah, who would want to own a Canadian anyway? If you're going to dream, then dream big and own a Brit or better yet a german. They make better cars and it only makse sense that it takes better people to make better cars, right? :)
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    vining wrote: »
    Hey if you try that now do you get Obama? Or does that slant only go one way (the wrong way). :)
    That is a good question for Obama himself. I know, let's try to find out where he is using google!
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177

Yeah, who would want to own a Canadian anyway? If you're going to dream, then dream big and own a Brit or better yet a german. They make better cars and it only makse sense that it takes better people to make better cars, right? :)

Nope, it just shows you what you'd expect, not political commentary.
  • Options

Are you kidding? We make great cars. Have you never heard of the Canuck Type Eh? It runs on beer and doesn't have a heater. And if you pay the extra taxes it comes with an extended inferiority complex.