Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Windows 7 and USB LAN driver issues.

Hello, no matter what I do as far as uninstalling, reinstalling, turning off all firewalls and virus protection I cannot get the USB LAN driver to install on my Windows 7 laptop. I can get the original version 1.0.0.0 to load but anything beyond that I get an installation error. If I go into the device manager it tells me that I have the latest driver even though it shows ver. 1.0.0.0...

Tried installing drivers using the software compatibility mode in the software section of control panel as well. Get an "Unknown 6.1" error.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    One thing I've found is that you must also remember to completely uninstall any versions of the driver before reinstalling it again. Remember to turn off all firewalls and virus protection during this process as well.

I've found that a couple of the Windoze updates seem to blow the driver out too and I find that I need to uninstall/reinstall it again afterwards.
  • Options
    cmacma Posts: 94
    Tried again, wiped everything out, rebooted computer, downloaded USBLAN setup v.2.3.3.6, turned off all antivirus and firewall software, I have windows security turned off at all times, ran program in administrator mode and got this error:

usbinstall.JPG

I tried running compatibility mode a couple of times.

I then plug in R4 and get an error that says the .inf file is invalid:

inf%20error.JPG
  • Options
    the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    I have USBLan running on a few computers with Win7 and I have never seen that error.

I would try redownloading the install file and going from there.
  • Options
    cmacma Posts: 94
    yeah, I have tried that several times as well as trying an older version of USB LAN 2.2.1.5 that I have on my laptop.

I am at a loss, I have tried every combination of running in compatibility mode and so on.
  • Options
    I had the same problem in my win7 and solved it installing Windows XP Mode