Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

iRidium Feedback Question

Hi Together

I'm trying the iRidium App on my iPhone4.

But there is one Problem i found:

I.E. In the Mainline there is a Feedback for a Relais ( Button = Relais)
If i close the App in the Background (Multitasking) and the state of the Relais is changed and i reopen the App,
the Feedback isn't refresh on the iRidium App. When i close the App completely and start it again. The Feedback is changed.
Is there any other with this Problem? Or have me a little hint.

thanks
John

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    John_Glove wrote: »
    Hi Together

I'm trying the iRidium App on my iPhone4.

But there is one Problem i found:

I.E. In the Mainline there is a Feedback for a Relais ( Button = Relais)
    If i close the App in the Background (Multitasking) and the state of the Relais is changed and i reopen the App,
    the Feedback isn't refresh on the iRidium App. When i close the App completely and start it again. The Feedback is changed.
    Is there any other with this Problem? Or have me a little hint.

thanks
    John

You will probably have to handle this in your code.

When the iRidium goes away it may create an Offline event. And conversely, when it comes back when you relaunch the app, it may create an Online event.

So put a feedback refresh routine in your online event and it'll refresh the feeback when you come back with the app.

I do this will all interfaces no matter what they are.
  • Options
    Hi Eric

Thanks for your "Feedback" :-)

I will try this one.

John
  • Options
    I have noticed this as well. And, it appears that TPControl features as well. I believe it is a bug or a limitation created by the IOS environment.

Namely, although the channel event occurs, the graphic state of the buttons is not updated with the OFF appearance when the panel goes offline. Subsequently, they will show the ON state, when the application resumes.

The workaround is to "flash" the buttons to ON and then to OFF on the online event, as a simple OFF will produce no appearance effect, as the given channel figures already as OFF. Then, the programmed channel changes will reflect properly in the button state.

A bit clumsy, but, I guess, not much to do unless they will address it.
  • Options
    The workaround is to "flash" the buttons to ON and then to OFF on the online event, as a simple OFF will produce no appearance effect, as the given channel figures already as OFF. Then, the programmed channel changes will reflect properly in the button state.

You mean: in the online event i must check is the button OFF, so set the button first to ON and then to OFF. And this for all Buttons on the iRidium App? The Button's Devices are combined!

john
  • Options
    ericmedley wrote: »
    You will probably have to handle this in your code.

When the iRidium goes away it may create an Offline event. And conversely, when it comes back when you relaunch the app, it may create an Online event.

So put a feedback refresh routine in your online event and it'll refresh the feeback when you come back with the app.

I do this will all interfaces no matter what they are.

That's not work all the time. :-(
  • Options
    John_Glove wrote: »
    You mean: in the online event i must check is the button OFF, so set the button first to ON and then to OFF. And this for all Buttons on the iRidium App? The Button's Devices are combined!

john

That's exactly what I mean. "checking" will return zero, as the channel is OFF, but will not tell you whether the graphic state matches OFF or, maybe, is still reflecting ON if that's what the offline event caught it like...

Unfortunately, yes, this is the only way to be certain. Flash ON and then OFF all your buttons that have feedback on the online event.
  • Options
    That's exactly what I mean. "checking" will return zero, as the channel is OFF, but will not tell you whether the graphic state matches OFF or, maybe, is still reflecting ON if that's what the offline event caught it like...

Unfortunately, yes, this is the only way to be certain. Flash ON and then OFF all your buttons that have feedback on the online event.

:-(

BTW i test it with TPControl -> The same .....