Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Lg plasma screen compatibility with AMX

Not sure if this is the right section to post but here goes.

We have an AMX YP 2011_02 which is connected to a Denon Pro DN-A100 and we had an LG 60" plasma to display on, the screen has now broke and we are looking for a replacement as this one is no longer made. We are wondering if the following models are compatible with your AMX system LG 60PK250 or the LG 60PK590.

Any help would be appreciated due to the urgency of getting the system back up and running.

Comments

• nielsynielsy Posts: 32
    Was the control of the previous through IR or RS232 ?
    I've worked with a few LG tv's ( LCD, LED and Plasma )
    the one with RS-232 Control with RS-232 on AMX and one
    without rs232, I worked with discrete IR codes.

Both worked fine... but I don't know what the options are for control and
    of those tv's you ask.
  • Thank you for the reply i looked the RS 232 and its given me a start now i know it connects through that.

So what i need to find out is will those LG models connect using RS 232?
  • nielsynielsy Posts: 32
    I looked for you on the LG site, both models have RS232 for Control.

for both TV's have this option :
    * RS232C (control / SVC) Yes (x1)

so both options should work.
    If you need some rs232 commands for the LG let me know...
  • rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    I haven't looked to see if those LG models are commercial or consumer, but if they are consumer be aware that they may not like being polled for status over RS-232. The last LG I dealt with turned out to be a consumer model and polling the unit eventually resulted in the RS-232 port totally locking up, and I had to disconnect power to restore functionality. LG tech support indicated that this behavior was normal for that model because it was a consumer model.
  • Thank you Neilsy for the information and i will keep you in mind for the commands.

Also thank you Rfletcher my feeling is there consumer models as there available in most shops.
    How would you find a Commercial model?
  • rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    Thank you Neilsy for the information and i will keep you in mind for the commands.

Also thank you Rfletcher my feeling is there consumer models as there available in most shops.
    How would you find a Commercial model?

I believe this is the website for commercial displays http://www.lgsolutions.com/

I don't know which distributor we get them through, as I'm not really involved in that side of things.

/*faceplam*/
    I just looked back at your first post and realized that your display is being controlled by a presentation switcher and not a central controller. I can't believe I missed that, sorry. I have no idea if that box even *can* poll a display for status as I've never used one. If it can't/doesn't need to than this issue wouldn't even affect you. Maybe someone else can weigh in on that...