Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

IREdit Software warning during run time

Hi All,

I have installed IREdit software on my windows 7 OS based laptop. When i launched IREdit software . I am getting one popup page called

" 'IREdit.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services' with additional message
'Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0x49c(1180),Thread id=0x64c (1612).
Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.' "

My laptop configuration is having :

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo
System Type : 32-bit Operating System

Any one have faced same type of solution .
Please guide me how to solve this issue .

Comments

• Options
    Never saw such message, but I would recommend to run IREdit in XP compatibility mode.

Do a right-click to the desktop icon, select properties, select Compatibility tab, and activate compatibility mode with XP.
    (hope the menu names are correct, don't have Win7 on hand, and my XP here is German :))
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    IREdit badly needs some update love. I find I can't even capture a new IR file without a fatal crash. I have to take an existing one and overwrite the codes. And while they are at it, they need to upgrade the IRIS too.
  • Options
    Never saw such message, but I would recommend to run IREdit in XP compatibility mode.

Do a right-click to the desktop icon, select properties, select Compatibility tab, and activate compatibility mode with XP.
    (hope the menu names are correct, don't have Win7 on hand, and my XP here is German :))

Thanks Marc.I tried with compatibility mode as XP but still having same issue. any other idea which will be help ful.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Thanks Marc.I tried with compatibility mode as XP but still having same issue. any other idea which will be help ful.

I have reports from several savvy dealers who say nothing will make IREDIT usable in Win7. I use it in VISTA without any issues (at least none that aren't in there by, shall we say, design).
  • Options
    glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    I have it running under Win7 on two laptops and one of them is even running Win7 on top of Parallels on a Mac, but I'm not savvy maybe that's the problem. :-)

I don't recall doing anything special to get it to install or run. I just checked and it is not running in compatibility mode. One thing I stopped doing a long time ago with Windows was having auto update turned on. Don't think that will help you now if you already have something installed that may have caused it to not work. Point here is that I have it working without issue, or as little issues as there can be considering it is IREDIT.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    I'd call you savvy, Gary... good to hear not all is grim for Win7 and IRedit. I'll find out more with a new laptop install next week.