Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Integration of AMX with Access Control System

Dear All,

I am looking into a project where the client is requesting to have AMX integrated to the security system, access control and CCTV.

I have worked with AMX in the past, but I am the security provider for this installation and will not be installing the AMX for this project.

Current security system is HAI which will probably be removed from the property. If the system is to be removed we are free to install the system we think that is the best for security along with the ablity to be integrated.

The current access control system is using the Ekey biometric fingerprint readers and is just the standard software that came with the readers. This will be converted to a true access control system yet to be determined.

My first thought for access control was Brivo Systems. Brivo Systems is also a wholly owned subsidiary of The Duchossois Group just as AMX. Brivo is listed as a 3rd Party manufacturer and i have found a duet module that supports the ACS500o which is the control panel.

Has anyone used this module or have you integrated Brivo into your AMX system? If so what feedback did it provide. Can you see the event log, door status (open or close) and modify users access levels?

If you have not used Brivo what access control systems have you integrated with and what did the integration provide.

I am not looking to connect and program a bunch of relays from the access control to trigger a bunch of inputs on AMX.

Thanks for the help guys!