Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

connection between AMX and intercom

I have an AMX NI-3100 device and I want to know how can I connect to an intercom device and how can I control it via an IPad, meaning to see the camera of the intercom device and to talk with the person via the IPad. What kind of connection I need? Do I need a special connection between the AMX and the intercom? Are there special kinds of intercoms I have to use for the connection? And is there a certain protocol for the intercom device?

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Firstly, there's no built-in method of passing audio (digital or analog) through an AMX Master. You'd have to use a method that is compatible with both the door intercom/camera and the iPad. Then the issue of whether or not the control system can interface and control or get info back from the intercom/camera has to be solved as well.

AMX makes a doorbell/intercom/camera that works with AMX touchpanels and utilizes their ability to create a VoIP connection. So, in essence the doorbell/intercom is involved in a phone call from an AMX touch panel. Also, being an AMX device, the doorbell can tell the AMX system when something happens via a button_event. (Someone pushes the door bell, the AMx program can wake a touch panel and display the camera image, setup the VoIP call from the panel to the intercom, allowing a user to talk to the person at the door, etc....)

If you have something in mind, let us know the devices and perhaps we can let you know if it'll work or not.