Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Changing button state on a CV7

I tried looking thru the CV7 reference guide, but I can't seem to find this command. I am looking to change the state on a button by using a data event for my autopatch switcher. It's been a while since I programmed in netlinx, so I'm hoping this is a quick find/response for many of you. I have a button with 4 states-1 thru 4. I have a variable changing #s each time I press a source button on my panel, but I want a different button's state to track with that variable. Is there a simple ^ command for this that I can add to a SEND_COMMAND code? Thanks.

I guess I should clarify this by stating that I have a button created on my panel that is a multi-state general button, with 4 states. Each state has the name of the source required, and I want to have the switcher's response update the panel button to show what the last input selected was. I gave it an address code, but no channel code, as I don't want it to be a pressable button at this time. I was thinking that the address code # was for feedback? Now I'm wondering if I should change it to a multi-state bargraph and update it with a level event...

Comments

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    vegastech wrote: »
    I tried looking thru the CV7 reference guide, but I can't seem to find this command. I am looking to change the state on a button by using a data event for my autopatch switcher. It's been a while since I programmed in netlinx, so I'm hoping this is a quick find/response for many of you. I have a button with 4 states-1 thru 4. I have a variable changing #s each time I press a source button on my panel, but I want a different button's state to track with that variable. Is there a simple ^ command for this that I can add to a SEND_COMMAND code? Thanks.

^ANI is what you want.
    Paul
  • Options
    vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    Yay!

Thank you! I guess I was overthinking and under-reading! Works as expected.
  • Options
    udiudi Posts: 107
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    ^ANI is what you want.
    Paul

yes it works.