Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Dead Buttons

I have designed two 1700VG panels, and both experience a similar problem. Some buttons just don't respond well without multiple attempts to push them. I've checked the obvious and made sure the buttons were bounding box, what layers they are on, etc, but they still are very picky. I've gone as far as copying a button that works just dandy, and putting it in its place and I get the same result. Pressing the button with a mouse works just fine. Am I missing something? I was wondering if the panel file could be minorly corrupted, or should I be looking at a hardware problem?

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Hi veraview,

Did you try calibrating the touch panel from the protected setup page?

Joe
  • Options
    veraviewveraview Posts: 44
    Yes, I always calibrate a new panel with a very fine point when I install one. I never liked only two points of calibration... doesn't always seem accurate enough at the edge of pages (can be off by 1/8" or so).

How long does the calibration stick? I mean, if I upload a new panel file will I need to recalibrate?

Tom
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    veraview wrote:
    Yes, I always calibrate a new panel with a very fine point when I install one. I never liked only two points of calibration... doesn't always seem accurate enough at the edge of pages (can be off by 1/8" or so).

How long does the calibration stick? I mean, if I upload a new panel file will I need to recalibrate?

Tom
    I'm pretty sure loading a new file resets the calibration, but I'm not certain whether it has to be a full clean load, or if this is something that has gone away fairly recently.
  • Options
    veraviewveraview Posts: 44
    I tired recalibrating yesterday, and it did help somewhat. You'd think the calibration would be permanent unless uploading new firmware (in which case it can be waaaay off). The button is at least responsive now, though not the entire button. It is near the extreme top right corner of the page which may not be a perfectly calibrated location what with the two calibration points being at two opposite corners.