Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

mvp8400 BRICKED?

Client of mine called stating that one of their MVP8400s is on the AMX boot screen. It went to that screen after she pulled the batteries and reinstalled them, because it stopped communicating with the system. I have taken the panel apart, unseated and re-seated the CF card and reapplied the batteries, but it won't boot past the AMX boot screen. What else can I do here? I can't get far enough in to get to a setup screen, let alone the actual TP project file. I have also unseated the card, added batteries again, unplugged batteries, reseated the card, and added batteries. I'm going to try using the power supply instead of batteries next. Thoughts? Corrupted CF card?

Comments

• Options
    alanhalanh Posts: 30
    Compact Flash Fauly
    vegastech wrote: »
    Client of mine called stating that one of their MVP8400s is on the AMX boot screen. It went to that screen after she pulled the batteries and reinstalled them, because it stopped communicating with the system. I have taken the panel apart, unseated and re-seated the CF card and reapplied the batteries, but it won't boot past the AMX boot screen. What else can I do here? I can't get far enough in to get to a setup screen, let alone the actual TP project file. I have also unseated the card, added batteries again, unplugged batteries, reseated the card, and added batteries. I'm going to try using the power supply instead of batteries next. Thoughts? Corrupted CF card?

The compact flash would appear to be corrupt, i have had this numerous times, contact tech support for a new compact flash and reload the panel design.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Usually when a CF card gets corrupt like that, it has actually gone bad. Since you are clearly comfortable with taking it apart, you can just have AMX send you a new CF ... or you can try re-imaging your own if you can get your hands on an image. Search the forums on CF images, you will find a lot of discussion on the topic.