Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Video Server box?

We have an AXIS video server box at our showroom here that puts out mjpg's and regular jpgs on it's own http site. The .jpg shows up just fine and updates great in the tpd4 resource manager but for some reason all I get is a blue or transparent screen in place of the bitmap on the MVP-8400. Has anybody come across this before or have any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Hi Seth,

Here are a few suggestions you may want to try if you haven?t already.

1) Confirm that your MVP is reachable on the Ethernet network by pinging the MVP from a command prompt on one of the PCs on the network. I would also double check the network settings of the MVP.

2) Could there be a rights issue? Is there any security in place with the video server which might be refusing a connection with the MVP?

3) Take the video server out of the equation and try another dynamic image from some place like weather.com and see if that works.

4) I don?t know what is involved with your TP page but is it possible that the button holding the dynamic image is not at the front and instead hiding on a lower layer?

I hope some of this helps. Good luck.

Cheers,
    Joe
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply Joe. :)

I have a weather dynamic image working on this panel as well as VNC computer control so that should not be an issue, and I will recheck the page itself to verify there is nothing covering it. There shouldn't be any rights issue problems with the server although I'm wondering if it has to do with how fast the video server updates that .jpg file. I was talking with a tech support guy from AXIS and they said that it should update that file 30 times a second which may be a problem for the MVP. Please keep the suggestions coming!