Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

ZigBee gateway power

Hello,

I'm new with Zigbee and I try to install NXR-ZGW ZigBee Gateway without success.

The PWR/STATUS led is always off and I don't see the device in Netlinx or Telnet window.

I use an external power supply (not PoE).

The LAN led is green.

I found this in Quick start guide :

• PWR/STATUS - Blinking green LED: the device is installed
and communicating properly. Power ON, but no master
connection, is indicated with a solid light, Power OFF is
indicated with no light.
• LAN - Green LED: Ethernet connection is established.

Thanks for help!

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Well, if there's no power light, there's either no power or the unit is not getting power for some reason. (bad termination. bad power cord, bad power supply.)

If you have a volt meter and determine that the power is making it all the way to the unit, then the gateway is defective.

That's my 2 cents.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Hello,

I'm new with Zigbee and I try to install NXR-ZGW ZigBee Gateway without success.

The PWR/STATUS led is always off and I don't see the device in Netlinx or Telnet window.

I use an external power supply (not PoE).

The LAN led is green.

I found this in Quick start guide :

• PWR/STATUS - Blinking green LED: the device is installed
    and communicating properly. Power ON, but no master
    connection, is indicated with a solid light, Power OFF is
    indicated with no light.
    • LAN - Green LED: Ethernet connection is established.

Thanks for help!

I saw this same symptom the other day. No power light, but had the RF and LAN lights on. Moved it to a different location and it came online immediately. I think it ended up being a wiring problem, but am still waiting to hear back if it was that, or if there are bugs in these units, or the hardware is faulty. Essentially, this symptom should never happen so something's going on. If the LAN and RF lights are on its getting power, so the power light should be on as well.
    Paul
  • The RF LED is off too...

When I unplug and plug the unit power, PWR/STATUS LED lit for a few seconds and commes off after
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    The gateways are shipped with the Zigbee radio turned off. Be sure to turn it on from the gateway's setup page.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    The RF LED is off too...

When I unplug and plug the unit power, PWR/STATUS LED lit for a few seconds and commes off after

This is what I found as well. THe LED works as it comes on briefly after cycling power, but doesn't blink like its supposed to nor does it come online, but the RF and LAN LEDS do the right thing.
    Paul