Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

NXD 435-P

For some unknown reason I'm having trouble connecting to an NXD 435 touch panel. I can connect to it easily enough using a virtual master and a ni700 through an ethernet cable, but the USB cable will not allow me to connect directly. Assuming the issue was with the actual cable I have since tried multiple different cables.

With all the settings correct on the touch panel, and firewalls disabled on connecting PC (this was creating a serious issue despite having permissions allowed for the connection) it still will not allow a connection. The PC is running windows 7, which was a relatively serious problem when sorting the virtual master connection.

I have run through the steps provided with the operational guide several times, and it works 100% for ethernet, but not for USB. Is there anything, perhaps particularly for windows 7, that I might be overlooking?

Comments

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    If you can reach it ethernet, there's no reason to bother with USB. You can't "operate over USB", it is just for loading, which will be faster on ethernet anyway....
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I have found the whole USBLan driver / Windows 7 issue to be rather flaky.

The things I do know are:

You must unistall any previous installs of USBLan BEFORE going through the steps to install it again.

Once haveing done so, these steps are needed to reinstall. (and they are still no guaranty of it working)

Disable all firewalls/virus protection
    reboot/restart
    run installer in Windows XP-SP3 model.
    Use immediately.

Having said all this, there are times it just gets blowed up again for no apparent reason. (Windows Update, other driver load, etc...) and you have to repeat the whole process over again.
  • Options
    I've noticed quite a few issues so far with windows 7 compatability. I'll give those steps a try and see how it goes. It's not vital, but something that has been irking me for a while. Thanks.