Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Kramer VS162AV audio switching problem using 2000 protocol

Hey

So I am currently working on a redesign of one of our AMX rooms and I am having trouble getting the audio to work. Before I get into my code, here is a quick description of how things are wired.

We have an AutoPatch doing all the VGA work, and then a Kramer which is doing CV and the audio.
The Kramer is a 16x16 switcher
For Audio, the Autopatch first output goes into the Kramers 16th input
the Kramers 1st output then goes into our AMX NXC-VOL4 card (I know there card works fine)

So what this means is that the PC input which is currently displaying on the primary projector (output 1 of the Autopatch) also is being used as the rooms current audio source.

The code I have for this is something like

send_string kramer, 08, 80, 82, 81; //this is the audio breakaway I may have this wrong

and

send_string kramer, 02, 90, 81, 81; //input 16 to output 1

The display on the front indicates that the output 1 has been assigned input 16

Also, if possible can someone clarify the difference between audio breakaway -VIDEO and audio breakaway - AUDIO?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Also, if possible can someone clarify the difference between audio breakaway -VIDEO and audio breakaway - AUDIO?

I think I can help on this part... "Audio Breakaway" refers to wanting discrete and separate control of switching audio from video. Without breakaway, the audio and video are switched as one, same In and Out for both parts.

"Audio breakaway - VIDEO" command would be telling the video to change but not changing the current audio.
    "Audio breakaway - AUDIO" command would be telling the audio to change but not changing the current video.

Or so I expect from the KRAMER docs I recall. This presumes they are using "audio breakaway" generically where I'd call it "breakaway" or Autopatch would call it LEVEL COMMANDS to "blades" of the switch.

Unless I am wrong, in which case, never mind. We've researched a whole lot of matrix switches and they run together after a while.

You can confirm my suspicion with a few tests, away.
  • edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    Kramer VS802Xl

I have also a kramer VS802XL which work on Audio follow Video Command, I have DVD and VCR on input 1 & 2 respectively, CD on 3 does not switch the audio with command $02,$83,$82,$81. Does any body has work on this switcher.