Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

XBMC EventServer Module

Hello all,

I am currently trying to get an XMBC media player to function with an AMX touchpanel. I am wanting to get basic control (navigation, playback controls, etc...) I have tried looking around the web but I can only find links to ******** modules and desktop programs. Alot of my coding skills are quite rusty and any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone had success with this? Below is a link to all of the client examples.

http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xbmc/trunk/tools/EventClients/

-Davin Huston
dhhuston@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    Last time I checked they were working on replacing their system with a JSON one. Don't know if that's been done yet, and if it is you'll have to look in to that.
  • Options
    dhhustondhhuston Posts: 2
    Jorde_V wrote: »
    Last time I checked they were working on replacing their system with a JSON one. Don't know if that's been done yet, and if it is you'll have to look in to that.

Json is used for gathering field data. Event server is used for basic remote commands. So to get full control you actually use both.

I have found a nifty utility called event ghost that has hooks for xbmc and has a built in telnet server. Very easy I recommend it to anyone trying to control any piece of software on the PC.