Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

G4 PanelPreview Won't Page Flip?

Anyone ran into this? It loads and displays the file fine but the page filip on the start page is ignored. Just rebuilt my hard drive and downloaded the latest and greatest from AMX. Everything else is working fine. Running XP version 2002 with SP3. I'm not sure if I was running SP3 previously.

Thanks for any ideas!

Comments

• Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    drcampbell wrote: »
    Anyone ran into this? It loads and displays the file fine but the page filip on the start page is ignored. Just rebuilt my hard drive and downloaded the latest and greatest from AMX. Everything else is working fine. Running XP version 2002 with SP3. I'm not sure if I was running SP3 previously.

Thanks for any ideas!

Are you doing the page-flip on the panel or are you doing it through the master?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Funny you should mention this. I just had the exact problem yesterday. I ran the "verify page flips" function from the edit menu, and a couple buttons came up invalid, but none were the one I was having problems with. So I went into each one, and they all looked fine. I saved the panel, closed TPD4, and reopened it, and the invalid buttons still came up ... but the page they were flipping to didn't exist anymore! It did before, but now it was gone. It was a cut-and-paste job in the first place, so I recopied it from the original and put it back, then re-pointed all the button flips properly ... and the unrelated button that was having problems started working. I can only assume I had a corrupt paste, and it not only scrambled the page that went missing, but did something to the page index internal to the file.
  • Options
    All the page flips are being done in the panel. I checked this. This panel is a hand me down from a client that is insisting it be used for their new rooms. The page flips are working fine on an associates computer (with older AMX software). I'll create a brand new TPD4 file file and see if I get the same results. That would point to corrupted files or some incompatibility of old TPD4 files with the new software.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Problem with older files only...

Thanks Dave for getting me headed in the right direction! All the page/popup flips work fine in the newly created TPD4 file. So it has something to do with older files. Now I'll start playing with the older file and see how far I can get. What's the best way to let AMX know about this?

Hmmmm, I wonder if the old file page flips will work when loaded on a real panel?

Thanks again all!
  • Options
    The Real Problem

This is not a bug. It's a listed "feature" of the new G4 software. No longer will Panel Preview support the "System Pages/PopUps". What are the odds that all 3 old TPD4 projects I would first try and load would all have passwords assigned to the Start pages! As soon as I took the passwords off all is fine.

I'm seeing more requests for password protection in TP designs. I'm very disappointed that AMX did this. If I can find the old software and it supports the MVP-9000i I think I'll go back.

Thanks