Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

AMX TPI/3 Beeping

My client called and told me his AMX TPI/3 is beeping. I did a lookup on a previous thread and one person said it might be related to a power problem. The unit is powered locally and the Panel is working properly. The only thing I found in the documentation is the internal batteries may need replacement. The manual says every 2 1/2 years is the time frame. I was not the original AMX dealer that installed the unit so I don't know the last time the batteries were replaced.

Anyone have an idea?

David Groves
DG Sales and Service

Comments

• TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I've heard fits of beeping from Axlink panels when they have issues going online. It could be power or some sort of damage to the Axlink line.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    another possibility is that the ID conflict. (two axlink devices on the same ID)
  • davegrovdavegrov Posts: 114
    Thank You

Thank You for your replies.

Should not be a device conflict since this is an installed system with over two years of up time. No wiring changes other than the fact that we were pulling more Cat5/6 for some system upgrades and video distribution. I was thinking that maybe we bumped the AxLink wire along the way.

After I did a power reset it appears to have stopped as of last night. My concern is going forward since this is an extremely long pull through lots of narrow attic. In other words pulling a new AxLink wire is next to impossible.

Does anyone have a way to implement a TPI/Pro using a wireless bridge? If so is it stable and reliable? At some point the G3 is going to fail. The Touch Monitor is permanently affixed in the wall.

Not my design put I client who had a previous PHAST ssytem that I converted to Netlinx.

Thanks again for your replies and keep the suggestions coming.

David