Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

G3 panels

JillJill Posts: 44
I was wondering if and when the G3 series of panels will be EOL. I have a lot of customers that use them in 'less noticable' areas where Modero panels are 'over kill'. :):)

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Most, if not all, of the G3's on the price sheet are listed as "limited availability." That suggests to me they are already being phased out, and AMX is just selling existing stock and not manufacturing new ones.

The pricing of the new G4 panels is pretty steep, but I distinctly remember feeling exactly the same way about color Viewpoints when they were newly released. As market saturation increases, pricing will drop. I just hope they do something about the physical quality of the Modero Viewpoint line - they desperately need a more durable case.
  • JillJill Posts: 44
    Merci Dave
    I too had noticed the price list info and was just wondering if a fixed date existed. I do hope they lower the prices on the G4 stuff. It is somewhat costly now compared to some of the Jersey's panels. I do realize that you can't compare the Modero panels(in quality of image and capability) to the lower cost Jersey panels but AMX needs to fill this gap with something cost effective in order to be competitive in the market. :):)
  • Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    And for chrissakes make everything with passive matrix GO AWAY. (That includes the horrible looking MVP7500)

I'm not in sales, but if I was, I'd be embarassed to sell cruddy looking displays.

- Chip
  • Sales drives the product.
    Jill wrote:
    I was wondering if and when the G3 series of panels will be EOL. I have a lot of customers that use them in 'less noticable' areas where Modero panels are 'over kill'. :):)
    DHawthorne wrote:
    Most, if not all, of the G3's on the price sheet are listed as "limited availability." That suggests to me they are already being phased out, and AMX is just selling existing stock and not manufacturing new ones.

As long as dealers are willing to buy them, G3 panels will be built and sold. My understanding is that the price reduction is due to lower manufacturing costs. This can provide a competive advantage for the dealers who still sell them.